Posted by : Unknown Sunday 13 October 2013


So I never took note of anything Playstation this generation has I didn’t rate the Playstation 3 as a viable Games Console due to my impression of it being a glorified Blu-Ray player. This being the reason that I didn’t watch the reveal of the PS4.

On the initial look at Playstation 4 nothing really grabbed me as amazing if I am honest, but it was more due to the fact I didn’t really know the Playstation exclusives bar from Uncharted, Killzone and Little Big Planet.

Come E3 all that changed

To begin with I wasn’t impressed with what Microsoft were offering with the Xbox One and the policies they had in place at the time. Also none of the games the showed interested me that much.  Watching Sony pull out developer after developer showing game after game. The other thing that I took notice of was that Sony had learnt from their mistakes with the PS3 and was making the Playstation 4 all about Gaming and for gamers.

What nailed the Playstation 4 in my opinion and swayed many gamers ba
ck to the Sony brand was the issue around the pre-owned games. Even though Sony developed the pre-owned game blocking system they opted not to use it. The other thing that impressed me was the fact that PS Vita was able to be used in much the same way as as the Nintendo Gamepad for the WiiU.

Since the above happened Sony have showed more and more games. Yes a lot are from indie developers but that is where most of the creativity is. Playstation Plus is just getting better with time and worth more. One of the biggest plus’ with with Playstation 4 is that they will include party chat and cross game chat.

[Please note I have not played neither xbox one or playstation 4. My thoughts are based on information provided.]

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © ziggymandias -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -